The horse calvary program at Texas A&M was originally founded in 1919 as part of the program to commission reserve officers into the cavalary branch of the Army. The unit thrived until 1943 when the horse branches were disbanded and considered obsolete. In 1972 three motivated cadets approached the Commandant of Cadets, Colonel Tom Parson's '49, and asked for his help in reviving the fading memory of the horse calvary. The Parsons Mounted Calvary was named in his honor. One of the objectives of the PMC is to preserve the traditions of Texas A&M University represented by the calvary and fields of units of the pre-World War II era.
$95 (includes free ground shipping)