My family and I are college football fans. We live in Louisiana where we pull, with passion, for our home state team - LSU. Both my wife and I are proud graduates of LSU and like many of the LSU faithful we treasure game days in the Fall. And we both agree, like tens of thousands of other Fighting Tiger fans, that game day would never be the same without the LSU Band. We realize that fans across this country feel the very same way about their respective Universities and the role their bands play in the game day experience. (I also have a Master's degree from Texas A&M, so I know all about loyal band followings from my time in College Station.) Our products are more of a salute to college bands and the dedicated musicians that make these campus organizations possible. Thank you for making game day what it is - no matter the outcome or the final score.
The Little Band Man Company was estblished in 2002. We set out to offer a collectible toy gift that captures the spirit, passion and detail of today's college marching bands in miniature. Our miniatures are hand-made and hand-painted entirely in England, home of the traditional toy soldier. Each figure is painstakingly scuplted to detail. Our figures stand 54 millimeters (nearly two and a quarter inches tall), and made of white metal.
Our figures make the perfect gift to those musicians who participated in the marching band, to those fans who consider themselves die-hard, to those alumni who are looking for that hard-to-find quality gift and to those who live for packed football stadiums on Satuday afternoons. Join us in celebrating a truly American tradition - the college marching band.
Personal College Favorites
- Favorite overall band music: LSU
- Favorite style of marching: Texas A&M
- Favorite uniform: The Ohio State University
- Favorite fight song: "The Victors" performed by University of Michigan
- Favorite tradition: Script Ohio and dotting the i - The Ohio State University
- Favortie historical note: Louisiana Governor Huey Long (1928-32) co-authored the LSU fight song
- Favorite fact: Notre Dame's Irish Guards must be a minimum of six feet, two inches tall
- Favorite touchdown tradition: Sooner Schooner lap with Boomer & Sooner - University of Oklahoma
- Favorite place to watch a college football game: LSU's Tiger Stadium - at night
- Favorite mascot: Bevo - University of Texas
- Favorite team dance: The Haka - University of Hawaii
- Favorite dog mascot: Handsome Dan (bulldog) at Yale. First live mascot in college football, 1889
- Favorite fans: The 12th Man - Texas A&M University student body
- Favorite drum major: USC
- Favorite team name: Ragin' Cajuns
- Favorite non-musical feature of a band: USC Song Girls
- Favorite non-fight song: "Hey Baby" performed by LSU
- Favorite band performance: The "Battle of the Bands" during the annual Bayou Classic in New Orleans featuring Southern University & Grambling University
- Favorite tailgating: LSU - without any doubt (it is unmatched)
- Favorite post game band performance: University of Wisconsin - the Fifth Quarter
- Favorite bowl game: The Rose Bowl
- Favorite chant: Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk - Kansas University
- Favorite college game ending ever: 2007 Fiesta Bowl - Oklahoma vs. Boise State
- Favorite college rivalry: Army vs Navy
- Favorite live mascot: LSU's Mike the Tiger!
- Favorite college football announcer: Keith Jackson
- Favorite hand sign: Hook'em Horns - University of Texas, started in 1955
- Favorite homecoming: Missouri - they invented the actual game in 1911
- Favorite college football television program: College Game Day on ESPN
- Favorite college football team field entrance: University of Colorado - Ralphie's Run
- Other Favorite Notables seen around college football: War Eagle! The Gator Chomp. The Little Red Flag of Harvard. The Grove. Traveler. Chief Osceola.